Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in addressing all findings raised by the AGSA;
- Review the entire finance function and recommend and assist in the addressing of controls to address gaps/deficiencies identified;
- Review and document system processes and flows;
- Prepare a proposal to centralize the billing function within the finance department;
- Engage with business to address gaps in processes that have a financial impact;
- Review all IFRS and IAS standards for applicability and compliance;
- Assist with financial matters related to the incorporation of SABS Commercial into SABS;
- Provide the CFO with technical support over the audit period, as well as;
- Assistance with ad hoc operational and strategic matters.
- CA (SA) with at least 15 years’ experience
- Extensive knowledge of IFRS; PFMA; Companies Act and other public sector legislation
- Previous work experience with the AGSA would be an added advantage
- Ability to operate in a highly pressurised environment, with quick turnaround times
- Ability to deal with complex matters and provide integrated solutions.